The Osteoware Home Screen allows you to quickly access any of the twelve data entry Modules or four Special Functions for a specific data record, thereby greatly increasing data entry efficiency. The features and functionality of each Module and Special Function will be discussed briefly on other pages of this online User Guide, but download the User Manual PDF’s for more detailed information.
Registering as a user with the Osteoware Forum will allow you to post questions online, report bugs, and voice your suggestions for future versions. You may also use the forum to post related research questions, make data requests, or start new research relationships.
- Improve data entry efficiency and reliability.
- Prompts both quantitative and qualitative data entry via check boxes and text fields.
- Access twelve data entry modules from the Osteoware Home Screen, the nexus of the program.
- Four special function buttons enable requests for photo, x-ray, and extensive commingled bone documentation.
- Color coded buttons identify when data is required (yellow), accomplished (purple), not applicable (orange), or indeterminate (white).
- Easily navigate to any record via the Data Subset list, or use the keystroke shortcut (Ctrl and F).
- Download the Complete User Guide and access the online Support Forum.
Data Entry Modules
You may access any of the twelve data entry modules from the Osteoware Home Screen. The color of each module button will change depending on its documentation status. These modules include both quantitative and qualitative data entry check boxes and text fields for:
- Age & Sex
- Postcranial Metrics
- Cranial Metrics
- Dental Inventory/Development/Pathology
- Dental Morphology
- Cranial Nonmetrics
- Cranial Deformation
- Summary Paragraph
The Special Function buttons include data management for Photo and X-ray requests, each with their own database tables within Osteoware. These requests are documentation reminders that are easily managed by the requester, database administrator, and laboratory staff tasked with these special duties.
You my also add individuals to the database when they are found commingled in the lab. Press the Add Individual button to create a new record in the Data Subset by adding a suffix (an A, B, C et cetera) to the current Catkey. This new record will be added to all database tables and appear in the Catkey window below the ‘parent’ record, completely ready for data entry.
In addition, the Home Screen is the entry point for the Tracking Database via the Track button, a special database for data on isolated commingled bones found with the main Catkey that may be reassociated to another individual in that Data Subset. Data for these ‘Tracked’ bones remains separate from the main record. All of these Special Functions are discussed in the complete User Manual available in the Downloads section of this website.